To find your representatives in the General Assembly please visit:

Who's my legislator?

Connect To Local Government

Local Elected Officials

Supervisor Penny Gross
Mason Magisterial District
Phone: (703) 256-7717

Supervisor Linda Q. Smyth
Providence Magisterial District
Phone: (703) 560-6946

Supervisor John Cook
Braddock Magisterial District
Phone: (703) 425-9300

City of Alexandria

Mayor Allison Silberberg
Phone: (703) 746-4500

Alexandria City Council Members
Phone: (703) 838-4500

Office of Citizen Assistance
Phone: (703) 838-4800

City of Falls Church

Mayor David Tarter

Falls Church City Council Members
703-248-5014 (TTY 711)

U.S. House of Representatives

U.S. Congressman Don Beyer (VA-8)
District Office Phone: (703) 658-5403
Capitol Hill Office Phone: (202) 225-4376


U.S. Congressman Gerry Connolly (VA-11)
Fairfax District Office Phone: (703) 256-3071
Capitol Hill Office Phone: (202) 225-1492

United States Senate

U.S. Senator Mark Warner
Richmond Office Phone: (804) 739-0247
Capitol Hill Office Phone: (202) 224-2023

U.S. Senator Tim Kaine
Virginia Office Phone: (804) 771-2221
Capitol Hill Office Phone: (202) 224-4024

Helpful links

Virginia General Assembly
* Legislative Information System
Commonwealth of Virginia
* Democratic Party of Virginia
Fairfax County Democratic Committee


Emergency Preparedness

Non-Emergency Information:

If you are having an emergency, please call 911. The Fairfax County Non-Emergency number (703-691-2131); VA TTY NUMBER IS 711. If you have an emergency, please dial 911.

Shelter Locations: Call 2-1-1 for Shelter Location

Road Conditions: Call 5-1-1 for road conditions

Power Outages:
Dominion Virginia Power outages and downed wires: 1-866-DOM-HELP (1-866-366-4357)

NOVEC (Northern Virginia Electric Cooperative) outages and downed wires: 1-888-335-0500 or 703-335-0500

Pepco outages: 1-877-737-2662; downed wires: 202-872-343

Downed Trees:
Public roads: Virginia Department of Transportation: 1-800-FOR-ROAD (1-800-367-7623)

Parks: Fairfax County Park Authority: 703-324-8594

Public Areas: Fairfax County Urban Forestry: 703-324-1770
Private property: Removal is the property owner's responsibility. Be aware of the risk of chain saw injury during tree removal. Use a chain saw safely to clear debris. If a tree has hit your home, call your property insurance company before starting the removal process.

Gas: If you smell gas, or if you have an emergency involving natural gas, leave the area immediately, and call 911 and Washington Gas at 703-750-1400 or 1-800-752-7520

Rising water that threatens your safety, call 9-1-1
Storm flooding during regular business hours (Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.) - after-hours storm flooding emergencies that are not life threatening - 703-323-1211 and state that you are reporting a storm sewer emergency

Sanitary sewer flooding: 703-323-1211; If you have damp walls or floors, contact a water removal or restoration company

Sewer Breaks or Back-ups: 703-323-1211 or 703-250-2003

Septic System
Health Department: 703-246-2201

The Virginia state Bureau of Insurance offers free consumer guides entitled, "What to Do After an Insured Commercial Property Loss"', and "What to Do After an Insured Homeowners Loss". These guides are available at The Bureau of Insurance has staff specifically trained to handle disaster insurance questions and problems. Phone: 804 371 9185 or 804 371 9185 or 9691. The toll-free number is 1-877-310-6560.


Follow Senator Dick Saslaw on:


Transform 66

GO Virginia